Nearly every Minnesotan loves the MN State Fair! This year E85 and Flex fuel vehicles will be included in the fair’s daily parade! Visit the fair on August 26 & 27th and you can see the latest 2019 flex fuel vehicle in the 2 pm parade! Following the parade on Monday, August 26th the Clean Air Choice team will be in the Eco Experience building talking about clean burning fuels and the impact using these fuels means to drivers today.
Just in case you need ideas on what to do at the fair, check out this great list provided by Explore Minnesota. Every summer, nearly 2 million people visit the Minnesota State Fair. The Fair is an #OnlyinMN tradition for many Minnesotans and visitors alike. With nearly 500 food items, 30 carnival rides and more than 900 free performances, there’s plenty to keep you busy throughout the Fair’s 12-day run. Here are 15 must-dos at the 2019 Minnesota State Fair.
1. Watch the daily parade at 2 p.m. featuring the high school band competition, E85 float, animals, visiting royalty and more.
2. Celebrate Minnesota’s agricultural significance by seeing the prize-winning and giant vegetables in the Agriculture Horticulture Building or learn about a variety of topics in the 4-H building.
3. Walk through the CHS Miracle of Birth Center to see and pet adorable baby pigs, cows, goats and chicks—you may even witness a live birth.
4. Stroll through the Fine Arts building to see unique pieces by Minnesota artists.
6. Watch Princess Kay of the Milky Way and the court have their likenesses carved into a 90-pound block of butter in the Dairy Building.
7. See a popular show at the Grandstand. Artists this year include Hootie and the Blowfish, Dierks Bentley, Why Don’t We and Lionel Richie.
8. Try one of the new State Fair foods for 2019. This year’s lineup includes a carnitas taco cone, breakfast potato skins, duck drummies, feta bites, lavender lemonade and shrimp & grits fritters.
9. Dunk a warm Sweet Martha’s Cookie (or 12) into a cup of ice cold milk from the All You Can Drink Milk booth.
10. Enjoy a Minnesota-made craft beverage. There are more than 300 Minnesota beers, wines and ciders on the fairgrounds for you to try. Some Fair favorites are Lift Bridge Brewery’s Mini Donut Beer and the flight of Minnesota wines at Minnesota Wine Country.
11. Watch a variety of Minnesota fish swimming in the pond or climb to the top of the fire tower at the DNR Building.
12. Gaze at the incredible crop art in the Agriculture-Horticulture building. Art and crops collide to create unique pieces made of seeds, corn husks and more. This state fair tradition has been going on since 1965.
13. Channel Paul Bunyan at the Timberworks Lumberjack Show with daily shows at the North Woods area.
14. Share some piping hot cheese curds with your friends or family.
15. See former rescue dogs perform new tricks at the All-Star Stunt Dogs Splash at the North Woods.